Job Title: Case Manager
Status: Full Time/ Exempt
Salary Range: $38,000-$43,000
Reports to: Case Management Coordinator
Since 2005, Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation’s mission has been to empower, promote and support all women and their families through education, outreach, philanthropy, and social services. We are committed to creating stronger communities.
The Case Manager will work with TMWF clients (adults and children) on, including but not limited to, domestic violence issues ranging from assessment of needs, diagnosis, recommendation, short-term counseling and long-term follow-up and referral services. The Case Manager will provide domestic violence case management, general case management for non-domestic violence cases, and residential services. She will provide intake, case management planning, crisis intervention, safety assessment and risk management, screen victim referrals for program admissions, concrete services, transportation, and advocacy for victims of domestic violence.
The Case Manager will maintain an up-to-date database on the cases being handled and generate the appropriate monthly reports to the TMWF Program Director regarding the number of cases, the services provided and financial aid rendered. The case file number will be used to identify the cases in the monthly report in order to keep the identities of the clients confidential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Create and update client files.
– Complete copies of case files (assessments and changes till closure).
– Prepare monthly reports on all clients.
– Document any counseling received by all family members (including women, spouses and children).
– Keep track of time spent at the shelter and with the counselor(s).
– Keep track of all forms of assistance provided to our clients at the shelter and outside of the shelter.
– Document any assistance in providing any external resources available (monetary, facility, personnel, etc.).
– Provide information, referrals, and practical assistance to persons experiencing domestic violence.
– Provide emotional support and crisis intervention.
– Conduct safety assessments and risk management planning.
– Conduct assessments and provide assistance with emergency housing transfers.
– Coordinate community resources for domestic violence victims.
– Work collaboratively with domestic violence agencies in order to effectively provide assistance to victims.
– Conduct training and presentations to mainstream agencies.
– Participate in professional training and conferences pertaining to family violence agencies.
– Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the Social Services office and other related tasks.
– Maintain applicable knowledge of Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation code of ethics, policies and procedures.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of Social Work or Counseling.
– Basic knowledge of domestic violence issues.
– Basic knowledge of the police and criminal justice system helpful.
– Bilingual preferred.
– Effective communication skills with culturally diverse population.
– Sensitivity to the needs of victims of family violence/human trafficking.
– Current Texas Driver’s License and proof of Auto Liability Insurance required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and minimum level of work being performed. The employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required by the job objectives, and mission and philosophy of Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation, Inc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|